Wound Care Specialist (MD DO)
If the idea of working 24/7, with high stress, very sick patients in hospital or office (high malpractice risk with relatively low compensation) no longer excites you, this may be the career for you. Growing Long Term Care Facility, office and home wound care practice in need of MD/DO. Flexible work hours, no night or weekend call, great staff to work with, well compensated.
**We provide a comprehensive wound care training program and preceptorship**
• Assessing the patient (complete H&P). Comprehensive approach to comorbidities that increase the risk of wound formation and outcomes.
• Debridement of wounds
• Order appropriate dressings, medications and instructions
• Educate nursing staff. Experience is helpful but not required.
• Communication with the PCP, family and QSM team, as appropriate. Laptops are provided for real time: progress notes, concurrent review, quality improvement, wound assessment, protocols, billing, etc; Most importantly, this is a skilled group of professionals that enjoys working together as a team and is respectful of each other, our patients, and facilities. Full time position compensated by annual salary with bonuses based on: performance = productivity X quality criteria. Other benefits will be explained at the interview. We work in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, Hillsborough, Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee & Collier Counties Florida and North Carolina
• MD DO Degree
• Licensed to practice (unencumbered) in Florida
• DEA license
• Ability to learn, teach, manage others, and be a team player
• Enjoys the mental and physical challenges of wound care
• (Board Certified/Eligible, bilingual a plus)